Pressure washer or pressure washing involves a process in which we use high-pressure water spray in order to put away grime, mold, dust, and stains from a surface. It also removes deep stains, marks and the coatings of erosion from the equipment and any other structural surfaces. But you have to choose the right equipment, technique and also a good cleaner (soap / detergents) for a good washing experience.
Why can’t we use regular soap detergents in a pressure washer?
Just think of a jacuzzi tub, and if you accidentally add bubble bath into them while jets are on then suds will flow out of the tub. Similar things will happen ,when we add any regular soap and detergent into a pressure washer because these soaps are not made according to the high pressure of water flow.
So when you are looking for cleaners, always read labelled instructions by manufacturers on manuals if they recommend any specific cleaner. Otherwise you can buy any specifically designed pressure washer cleaners from market or online stores.
Chemicals Specifically Found In Pressure Washer Cleaners
Every different company or brand chooses different products and procedures for the manufacturing of pressure washer cleaners. They may use their own washing cleaner or any alternative of chemicals but some chemicals almost remain in common. Those specific terms and chemicals mentioned on the label of the cleaner’s bottle. I am going to list them below.
Vinegar has an acidic nature and is used as a natural cleaning agent. It is very gentle and pretty safe for many surfaces like kitchen surfaces,windows, glass surfaces, etc.
Citric acid is used to remove stains strongly from concrete and any wood surfaces.
Oxalic acid is used for the cleaning purposes of rust from metal surfaces and other similar cleaning.
Bleach is a mixture of sodium hydroxide and sodium chlorite. It acts as a sanitizer and disinfectant. It removes mildew and mold.
Effective in cleaning glass surfaces and stainless steel.
It contains chloride which is highly disinfectant and effectively removes stains.
It is used to remove grease, oily and fat stains especially from glass and steel surfaces.
It is an essential product for the manufacturing of soft and liquid soaps.
Best Cleaner To Use In Pressure Washer
There are so many different cleaners specified for different cleaning purposes for different surfaces. Let me explain each of them for you.
Hope, this shortlist will prove helpful to you while buying cleaners for your pressure washers. But never forget to ready labelled instructions on manual of your pressure washers. In order to chech, if any cleaner is recommended by the company.
1. Sun Joe SPX-HDC1G : Best Choice For All Purposes
This cleaner is the best choice to buy and highly recommended because it works well for every cleaning purpose. It is especially made for sun joe machines but you can use them very well in any other pressure washer machine you are available with.
Now I am going to explain some salient features of this cleaner.
- This is very environmentally friendly. Reason for this is that it’s biodegradable, and non-toxic.
- It is bleach free so it is safe to use.
- It is used for tough stains either greasy or not, grime, mildew, dirt from your bricks, wood, walls, floors, concrete, cars and also boats or any other surfaces.
- You can also use mop and brushes with this cleaner to clean your walls, wood, and floors.
- You can use this cleaner safely either by machine or hand because it’s not harsh.
This solution is of very good quality and can be used for light duty cleaning as well as heavy duty.
Light Duty Cleaning
For the purpose of light duty cleaning, you just have to add half gallon of cleaner into the 5 gallons of water.
Heavy Duty Cleaning
For the heavy duty cleaning we have to add a full gallon of cleaner into the 5 gallons of water.
For Proper Results And Guidelines Always Read The Labeled Instructions From The Bottle.
2. Oxy Solve Cleaner : Total OutDoor
For your residential, outdoor cleaning oxy solve cleaner is the best pressure washer cleaner. This cleaner has a great effect for the multiple surfaces cleaning purpose.
- It works with the power of peroxide.
- It appears green in color.
- It is especially made for outdoor cleaning through a pressure washer.
- It can easily remove stains, mildew, grime, dirt and algae from your equipment and surfaces.
- It is safe to use because it is made with a non-toxic formula.
- This cleaner will make up-to 21 gallons and clean about 6,000 sq. feet.
- As it has a non-toxic formula, so it’s not harsh and harmful for your skin and you can use it in a secure environment.
- You can use this cleaner in a pressure washer and even by your hand to wash any surface and other things.
- As it is for outdoor use, don’t try to use it for exterior purposes.
Always think of your safety first, this cleaner is very safe and environment friendly and does not provide any harm to your skin and body even if ingested. It works pretty good on vinyl, metal surfaces, wood, fabric (outdoor cushions in your lawn), plastic, stone and asphalt, concrete and many other things can easily be washed through it. But it is not effective for oily and grease stains. Also road tar and other synthetic grime and stains cannot clean well through it.
3. Simple Green : House Sidings
This cleaner is also related to oxy solve cleaner. But it’s application is not similar to that of a cleaner. It is available easily at online stores or in markets at a reliable price.
- It specifically works for house siding cleaning purposes.
- It works ideal for wood, bricks, vinyl and aluminum house sidings.
- As it doesn’t have a harsh nature, it never corrodes metals, mortar and degrades your plastic sidings.
- It uses the power of peroxide.
- It removes the toughest stains easily.
- It cleans all sorts of mildew, built-up grime, dirt, stains and algae to brighten and clean your sidings perfectly.
- It’s formula is non-toxic and has a biodegradable formula.
- It has a green appearance.
- It’s one bottle made up-to 21 gallons and clean about 6,000 sq. feet.
- It is environment friendly to use and doesn’t harm your landscaping plants and pets.
So, there is no need to be worried about harsh cleaners for your house sidings. Just go with this cleaner and all done nicely.
4. Simple Green 13421 Pro : Heavy Duty
This cleaner is manufactured by sunshine markers Inc. It is used for heavy duty cleaning purposes. It is a kind of commercial cleaner.
Let me tell you features of this cleaner that will help you to know whether this cleaner is your desired cleaner or not.
- It has been developed for different applications.
- It acts as a one-stop cleaner because it provides multiple services such as cleaning of walls, floors, vehicles, kitchens at commercial levels, industrial equipment and so many other surfaces and things.
- It is a degreaser that removes all toughest stains of oil and grease, paints, lubricants, abrasive dust, corrosive products and other water in-soluble films.
- It is non-toxic.
- Safe for metal surfaces because it is non-corrosive.
So according to your needs, if it is suitable you can buy it from an online store or market easily.
5. Karcher Car Wash And Wax Soap : Best For Vehicles
This product is made by a famous manufacturing company karcher. It’s especially made for vehicles cleaning by pressure washers. This is one of the best car washing cleaners and easily available at online stores.
Features of this cleaner are described below.
- It not only cleans your car but also provides shine as well.
- It is a biodegradable car cleaner and wax combo.
- It is safe to use for every pressure washer.
- This cleaner is a thick foaming formula and includes wax 2-in-1 car washing experience.
- It is safe to use because of no harsh formula even if needed for exterior windows, deck, etc cleaning.
- It can make up-to 20 gallons.
- It’s price range is also average.
So you should choose this cleaner if you want to wash and clean your washer through a pressure washer. It will prove the best choice!!
6. Simple Green 13005 CT : Industrial Cleaning
This cleaner is useful for all cleaning purposes and a degreaser. It’s powerful formula cuts all the stains and greases easily.
Let me explain the features of this cleaner to you.
- It is safe to use alternatives to those cleaners who have harsh and toxic formulas.
- It can be used almost on all surfaces. Especially quite safe-able to be used for washable surfaces like sinks, floors, tiles and carpets too.
- Also clean tough grease stains.
- At industrial level it is easily used to clean vehicles, machinery and floors.
- It comes in one gallon.
- Its nature is non-corrosive and non-abrasive.
So here is the list for the best cleaners for your pressure washers. But before buying them always let yourself know that this cleaner matches your requirements? Otherwise you will waste your efforts and cost if you choose the wrong pressure washer cleaner. Always find the best cleaner for you. Hope this article will provide help to you for this purpose.