The major problem for the people who have titles is its cleaning. The best homemade tile grout cleaner is the mixtures of ammonia + white vinegar and baking soda with Hydrogen peroxide.
Grout is a dense fluid basically, a mixture of cement water, and sand. It is used to fill the spaces and gaps between the tiles when they are freshly applied in kitchens and shower floors. It is also used to adhere or bond the tiles precisely on the sides of the wall. It is often color-tinted when we want to keep them visible. So the major and necessary task is to keep your tile grout clean and look as new as they were for the very first time.
Types Of Tile Grout :
There are three basic types of tile grout used often. I am going to list them below. All of these tile grouts have their own unique features which make them suitable for different specific applications.
1. Un-sanded Grout :
This tile grout is used when the walls are 1/8 inches wide or less than this inch.
2. Finely Sanded Grout :
This grout mixture is used for the tiles of floors that are more than 1/8 inches wide and 3/8 wide.
3. Epoxy Grout :
This is the most ideal tile grout because it is highly resistant to chemicals and stains. It is enriched with a hardener and epoxy resin.
Homemade Tile Grout Cleaner
There are so many easiest ways through which you can easily remove your tile grout with 0% cost if you have few tools and ingredients available at your home. Today I am going to tell you some homemade remedies. So here we go.
Tools Required To Clean Tile Grout :
In order to increase efficiency of your work you need some tools to do a good job of cleaning your tile grout perfectly.
- Scrub brush (to scrub the paste you apply on grout)
- Grout brush (for cleaning of tile grout)
- Rubber gloves (to protect your hands from harsh chemicals)
- Safety glasses (for protection from contact of cleaner with your eyes)
Baking Soda And Hydrogen Peroxide
It’s the most effective homemade remedy for your tile grout cleaning. Because baking soda and hydrogen peroxide act firmly against stains. So, it helps to clean your tile grout instantly. It’s also very satisfying because when you mix both baking soda and hydrogen peroxide together they turn into a foaming, watery shaving cream.
The method for this remedy is very simple and follows in a few steps.
Step 1 :
First, you have to pour baking soda in a small container and then add a ¼ of the hydrogen peroxide in the total mixture.
Step 2 :
Now stir the mixture well and wait to turn it into foaming, watery shaving cream. Now your mixture is ready. Also you can add a few drops of dish washing soap into it.
Step 3 :
Apply this mixture onto the grout line. let it sit down for at least five minutes. So it can make the stains and grout leave the tile.
Step 4 :
Now, scrub the mixture by applying some pressure with your elbow. As you scrubbed, the tile becomes more bright-bright with a very delightful effect.
Step 5 :
Now clean your tile with the help of a sponge.
Ammonia And White Vinegar
If your tile grouting is 1 to 2 years old and because the light color is more sustainable than this remedy is helpful for you.
Procedure for this is also very simple and will be easily understandable to you.
Step 1 :
Take a half cup of baking soda in a bottle and then add almost 1/3 cup of ammonia into it carefully.
Step 2 :
Also, add 1/4 cup of the white vinegar for better results and mix them well with warm water.
Step 3 :
Now spray this mixture on a grout line and set it down for several minutes.
Step 4 :
Last and final, clean it out with a soft and clean cloth.
Lemon Juice And Baking Soda
It is a very easy and useful remedy to make your tiles look clean as they were earlier.
Take an amount of baking soda and add lemon juice of almost equal quantity into it to make a thick paste and apply it. You can also add white vinegar in this mixture to make it more effective. After applying this mixture on the grout line, wait for a while to clean this with a piece of towel.
Precautions While Cleaning Grout :
There are some precautions that you should take while cleaning tile grout with cleaners.
- Always wear rubber gloves to keep your hand safe from harsh chemicals.
- Use a respirator while applying and scrubbing cleaner on the grout line, if you are sensitive to chemical scents.
- Wear safety glasses to keep eyes safe from any sort of eye infection or allergies.
- Don’t try to perform cross contamination of any two harmful chemicals for the purpose of cleaning like ammonia with bleach is very dangerous.
Tips You Should Know!!
Here I am going to explain to you some tips that will help to maximize the effect of your tile grout cleaning.always keep them in mind while doing cleaning.
- After scrubbing, use warm / hot water (hot as you can stand it) for the rinsing of paste from your tile.
- Mopping your tiles every week will keep them protected from heavy dirt and grout, so then you only need to scrub your grout two to four times in a year.
- Always let your paste or solution you apply on the grout line sit for some time depending on how dirtier your tile grout is or not.
- Seal your grout once a week. It will create a barrier which keeps heavy dirt and stains away from your tiles.
Wrap Up :
So, these are very simple and useful remedies available to you to clean your tile grout. You can make them at home without any cost and by little effort. Although, these remedies are simple but more effective than other ready made tile cleaners. The mixture of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide is my most favorite best tile grout cleaner.